Lockup advice?

i'm in PA (pittsburgh).  so yes, plenny of salt.  i'll be going to
the car wash a good deal to keep the rust off the undercarriage - i'm
really liking the car so far.

tonight i took the rear caliper off - the little spring loaded
armature the e-brake cable runs to seems to be stuck - i'm guessing
this is the part that causes the seize?

update - got the armature free - i think perhaps an oil bath would be
a good idea?

blake/