Re: Wheel size revisited

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997my evil twin Paul Krucker <vwfan53@yahoo.com> writes:

>STOP, check the ET, the Corrodo wheels are 40 or 42 mm offeset as
>opposed to the Scirocco's 38mm.  Confirm this by looking at the rims
>ET.  This will move the wheel to the 'inside' of the car which is 1)
>worse for your handling, 2) will probably rub your strut assembly.

OH MY GAWD!! Its 2-4mm inboard!! That's.. what....1/16"? Not much but
under -mild- to _hard_ cornering, it might allow the tire to lay over
against the spring. I've got some tire marks on my rear springs and to
this day Don't know what's caused it. I marked the inside of my tires
with shoe polish and all the marks are still there. Im pretty sure its my
race wheels but... whatever.
40-42mm should be fine. IMHO. Would anybody who does know for fact care
to post an answer instead of just reading this and deleting it? That
would be cool...

>With a 15" which is most likely 7" wide you would be best off with a
>35/36mm offset.

What is the rim width of those wheels anyways? My guess is a 15X6 to a
15X6.5. Anyone....anyone....?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and