Re: Wheel size revisited

---"Daugherty, Jerry" <jdaugherty@inacomps.com> wrote:

> At the risk of getting flamed, I'll ask the question.(If there is an
> answer in a FAQ somewhere, I'll take the address in good humility)  I
> have a chance to buy some Corrado G60 BBS wheels at a great price.
I am
> curious if the 15" wheels fit on my 87 8v without getting into
springs,
> shocks, etc?  I definitely want to go to a larger tire, but my pockets
> do have a bottom (or at least that's what my accountant says.
> Taxes?!?..  I HAVE to pay those?...)  Anyways, thanks in advance.

STOP, check the ET, the Corrodo wheels are 40 or 42 mm offeset as
opposed to the Scirocco's 38mm.  Confirm this by looking at the rims
ET.  This will move the wheel to the 'inside' of the car which is 1)
worse for your handling, 2) will probably rub your strut assembly.

With a 15" which is most likly 7" wide you would be best off with a
35/36mm offset.

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan