RE: Coolant Leaks from Engine.

Someone wrote:

Yes, there are freeze plugs.  But I doubt they're the problem.  The leak
would be pretty massive.

This is not exactly true.  I currently have this problem on my 1.6L and I
only have a slow trickle.  I first noticed an antifreeze leak coming off of
the oil pan and then got under my car and checked out the backside (facing
the firewall) of the head.  I then noticed this white line leading from the
bottom of the block leading up to one of the freeze plugs.  I went ahead
and purchased a freeze plug yet have not changed it.  I haven't quite
figured how to pull one of these plugs without pulling the engine.  I am
lucky due to the fact that my leak is minor, otherwise I would be out of
one running Scirocco.  At this point, I only need to watch my engine temps
when in stop and go traffic.

John
80 Scirocco S