Re: Blinking water led?

---Kathy Teulie <104372.1061@compuserve.com> wrote:

> Help? This morning my water light started blinking so I pulled off and
> stopped the motor. Then it stopped blinking. After starting up it
went back
> to normal operation. The motor runs cold and my belts  and water
pump are 2
> months old. The rest of the day it worked fine? It was about 70
degrees
> outside and I was not in stop and go traffic. I got about 110,000 MI
on the
> motor. What should I do?

Whoa, my 87 16v did the same thing at the same mileage.....  If you
have ruled out coolent level, or the sensor at the top of the resovior
(as I did), there is a relay that was featured on 85->mid-87
Scirocco's for the level sensor.  I removed the relay (never replaced
it as I watch my guages and maintain my car anyways) to stop the
annoying blink.

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan