Re: Wheel size revisited

> On Mon, 22 Dec 1997my evil twin Paul Krucker <vwfan53@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> >STOP, check the ET, the Corrodo wheels are 40 or 42 mm offeset as
> >opposed to the Scirocco's 38mm.  Confirm this by looking at the rims
> >ET.  This will move the wheel to the 'inside' of the car which is 1)
> >worse for your handling, 2) will probably rub your strut assembly.

If we are talking about the early (orignal corrado wheels) They are
15X6 with a 35mm offset.
The BBS's (the nicer one's IMHO) are 15x6.5 with a 33mm offset.  From
what I remember the Corrado's were pretty particular about offset
because of there 11.0 inch brake's so they had to have a wheel that
set out farther to clear the HUGE calipers.
For some odd reason the VR6 corrado's had a 43mm or so offset but us
4 lug boys need not think about those wheels :-)

<Snip>

> >With a 15" which is most likely 7" wide you would be best off with a
> >35/36mm offset.

Correct for "most" aftermarket 15"s but I have yet to see a factory
VW wheel that is 7" wide.

> What is the rim width of those wheels anyways? My guess is a 15X6 to a
> 15X6.5. Anyone....anyone....?

See above :-)

Potterman
Michael Potter