Re: Wheel size revisited

>40-42mm should be fine. IMHO. Would anybody who does know for fact care
>to post an answer instead of just reading this and deleting it? That
>would be cool...

Just to add more nonsense to the discussion, my 7.5" wide Hock Rs have a
40mm offset.  It actually seems to work the best on my 16v...Rubbing is
split almost equally between spring and fender.  A 35 or 38 offset would
probably be unworkable without fender clearancing, and anything over a 40
would probably lead to cut sidewalls from rubbing against the springs.
Tires are 205/45/16

hth somebody out there....