Re: How Heavy Are They?

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:49:44 -0500 John Ryland
<John.Ryland@mail.sscoop.com> writes:
>Does anyone know the curb weight of a 1980 Rabbit Pickup, vs. an early
>Scirocco. If so, let me know. Prefer weight w/o A/C or Auto trans.
>
>Also, would be interested in hearing about anyone who has built a VW
>pickup autocrosser/daily driver. If you haven't done so, give me your
>opinion on why I should drop my A3 2.0 into a Scirocco instead of this
>truck. I'm leaning toward the truck.
>
>JR
>77 1.8 roc
>79 1.8 roc

The Pottermans Scirocco weighed in at @1800+ lbs. I dunno about the truck
weight.

Id say put it into the Scirocco. I know of 2 trucks that have
transplanted motors (16V and a 2.0L 8V that just Don't do well on the
autox course. if that's what your gonna use it for.) There's more
suspension options for the Scirocco than there are for the truck. There's
more interior room ect. so that part has gotta be your own preferential
choice. I'd say Scirocco but That's my choice. If you wanna do the truck,
then you go boy! Either way, its will be cool project.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and