Re: 8v engine performance

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 13:19:17 -0600 John Van Vuren <veedublu@wirural.net>
writes:
>Here's what I have availabe:
>
>Complete running '83 GTi
>cylinder head, intake, and throttle body from '86 GTi
>all kinds of 16v parts (throttle body, fuel distributor, etc)
>(I know, I know, not a Scirocco) and I'll probably use the close-ratio 5
>speed from my '87 16v Scirocco parts car if I can.
>
>Any and all ideas, suggestions, etc are welcomed and appreciated!

Id use the 83 GTi engine, complete after a good rebuild. Use the 86 TB
after you do a little dremel work on the manifold so the TB fits
perfectly to the opening on the manifold. That's not gonna net you much
more performance over a stock JH motor but it will be a little better and
definitely better than the 1.7L you had in there.
Use the tranny and be sure to use the axles and a 16V clutch disk from
the 16V.
There's lots more you can do to get more street legal power, its just a
matter of money. (Like anything.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and