Re: 8v engine performance

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 20:46:08 -0500 Paul Hanley <duckie@199.45.32.39>
writes:

>Why not? The complexity of adding one to the system? It will be worth it
if
>you are actually tearing the car down and building from scratch as long
as
>you have all of the electronics. It is truly a benefit to have.
Especially
>if you have all of the 16v parts that you said you had. Go for it!
>
>Regards,
>Paul

Adding a knock sensor to a non KS car isn't as easy as it would seem.
Lookie me, got the mastermind himself (Potterman) stumped as how to do
it. We still haven't put mine in and its been 9 months since we first
tried it. (Damn donor wiring harness from an 86 GTi has different color
coding.) Then again if he's just gonna R&R the wiring harness from a 16V,
then it should be much easier.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and