Re: Wheel size revisited

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:44:27 -0800 (PST) Paul Krucke <vwfan53@yahoo.com>
writes:

>   You narrow your track sir....  Wider is better--no?  Generally
>speaking you want to move your wheels to the outside rather than the
>inside.

This aint no Dodge!
JK!

Actually, the way the VW suspension geometry is, you can go too narrow
just like you can go too wide. (You WILL eat wheel bearings, just ask the
kids with the roller skate wheels on their cars. "I Don't understand why
the wheel bearings keep failing.") Also the way the VW tracks around a
corner is effected by the width of the wheel track. Its just a matter of
knowing which is perfect for what you want to do. Bla-bla-bla,
yadda-yadda-yadda and all that other fill in the blank crap here...

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and