Re: Suspended Licenses

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 20:16:12 -0600 (MDT) Night Shadow
<soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu> writes:
>Man I didn't lose mine for anything even CLOSE to driving
>related...Colorado has a BUUULLLLS**T law...underage drinking tickets
>carry a 3 month suspension(no, not in car, at a party or what
>ever...)...so then I got busted driving under suspension...and the
>rest is history......BTW..interesting side note, driving under
suspension
>carrys a mandatory 5 days in jail here in Colorado....who else has gone
to jail
>for their car?????
>
>Eric

Yah, your right. All under aged teens should be allowed to drink and
drive. WTF.
if 5 days is what the Piper charges, then thats what you pay. NEVER
defend a drunk driver's actions Eric. Dont.

Its been my experience that if you get alot of traffic tickets, your
driving habbits are one that attracts the attention of the authorities
and you still fail to modify your driving to somewhat conform with whats
expected.

When I was 16, I drove like a madman. Young kid, first car, first
freedom, I knew it all and you couldnt tell me anything! I even drank and
drove. I had to get home. Nobody preached drinking and driving then like
they do now. FOOL! Lucky fool.

I lost my licence in 6 months of driving for 6 months. In that time I had
gotten 3 speeding tickets. 1 failure to yield (Brakes failed but still my
fault.) 1 eligal rear light ticket. (fixit.) 1 tailgating ticket. (I was
late for class.) So all of these were my own fault and I paid for it. I
learned!

If your still getting massive tickets then you obviously need to modify
your driving to become less visable. I still drive fast, when I can. The
point isnt to go as fast as I can for as long as I can. I drive about
5-10 MPH faster than traffic. That way I can easily blend in with traffic
when I do spot  -THEM-.

Its a game, be observant. Know what and who is around you at all times
and you run better chances of not getting stopped.
In the last 3 years ive been stopped many times. Cited once in Washington
state (damn Radar and im driving a red rental car. geez.) And the last
time I was cited was well over a year ago in my Scirocco while all alone
on the freeway at 3:30am going to the New Dimensions show in
Buttonwillow. (I wasnt observant enough, was I!)

Ive been stopped twice to anwser questions about my car. One for "where
did I get my Euro bumpers" and the other was about my roll bar. Officer
friendly wants one for his MK-II and wants to know where to get it, ect.
The rest were to harass me. Shake me down ect. Thats fine, they have that
right, just play the game. Do it if you wanna drive.

Thans my experience. Take from it what you want. If you dont like it.
Fine.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi