Suspended Licenses

I really enjoyed reading your stories they certainly were witty and fun
to read. My liscense was suspended twice recently for stupid things. I
bought my '84 GTI and didn't get around to insuring it in time and was
pulled over. (Suspended for 30 days) This original suspension caused my
insurance rates to be so rediculiously high I had to go back to Ohio and
get a license. I figured this would be OK      Bzzz Wrong answer.   I
was speeding down a deserted road one night while working. (Pizza
Delivery) I came to the stop sign were the Cops just happened to be
driving by. I thought oh Shit I'm going to get a speeding ticket for
sure. Wrong! It seems that since I never paid a $30 re-instatement fee
that my driving privlidges were still suspended in SC. I was charged for
driving under suspension, taken to jail and fines $300+ Lost my JOB, Had
to call the owner of the restaurant to pick me up from jail. yada yada
yada. I ended up getting a lawyer over this and its pretty much all
cleared up. My insurance is still way high, but there is a loop hole
there too, I started a business and bought a Truck since its registered
to my business the insurace rates are $600 a year as opposed to the
$3500 SR-22 I would have paid for my Scirocco. Now my Scirocco is
registered to my Mom and I don't drive it as much and my '84 GTI is back
in Ohio with my Mom too (better for now)

I think I'm a really good driver I just like speeding and have bad luck.
When I was really young I too was immortal though and a horrible driver
(I thought I was great though) My Dad let me drive hsi '66 Mustang all
the time. I used to drive literally as fast as it would go (6-cylinder
kind of slow) everywhere. Thats untill I rolled it 3 times and broke my
pelvis, elbow, thumb, all my right foot toes, Raod rash everywhere, and
lost a huge chunk of skin from the bottom of my foot. Not a good night.
Plus the car was literally twisted to pieces. Luckily nobody else was
hurt. I was trrown from the drivers windows and skidded down the road. I
still don't know exactly what happened all I know was I was speeding
excessively in a crappy car.

Live and learn, or at least try.