Re: Suspended Licenses

SHAWN C MEZE wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 20:16:12 -0600 (MDT) Night Shadow
> <soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu> writes:
> >Man I didn't lose mine for anything even CLOSE to driving
> >related...Colorado has a BUUULLLLS**T law...underage drinking tickets
> >carry a 3 month suspension(no, not in car, at a party or what
> >ever...)...so then I got busted driving under suspension...and the
> >rest is history......BTW..interesting side note, driving under
> suspension
> >carrys a mandatory 5 days in jail here in Colorado....who else has gone
> to jail
> >for their car?????
> >
> >Eric
>
> Yah, your right. All under aged teens should be allowed to drink and
> drive. WTF.
> if 5 days is what the Piper charges, then thats what you pay. NEVER
> defend a drunk driver's actions Eric. Dont.
>
> Its been my experience that if you get alot of traffic tickets, your
> driving habbits are one that attracts the attention of the authorities
> and you still fail to modify your driving to somewhat conform with whats
> expected.
>
> When I was 16, I drove like a madman. Young kid, first car, first
> freedom, I knew it all and you couldnt tell me anything! I even drank and
> drove. I had to get home. Nobody preached drinking and driving then like
> they do now. FOOL! Lucky fool.
>
> I lost my licence in 6 months of driving for 6 months. In that time I had
> gotten 3 speeding tickets. 1 failure to yield (Brakes failed but still my
> fault.) 1 eligal rear light ticket. (fixit.) 1 tailgating ticket. (I was
> late for class.) So all of these were my own fault and I paid for it. I
> learned!
>
> If your still getting massive tickets then you obviously need to modify
> your driving to become less visable. I still drive fast, when I can. The
> point isnt to go as fast as I can for as long as I can. I drive about
> 5-10 MPH faster than traffic. That way I can easily blend in with traffic
> when I do spot  -THEM-.
>
> Its a game, be observant. Know what and who is around you at all times
> and you run better chances of not getting stopped.
> In the last 3 years ive been stopped many times. Cited once in Washington
> state (damn Radar and im driving a red rental car. geez.) And the last
> time I was cited was well over a year ago in my Scirocco while all alone
> on the freeway at 3:30am going to the New Dimensions show in
> Buttonwillow. (I wasnt observant enough, was I!)
>
> Ive been stopped twice to anwser questions about my car. One for "where
> did I get my Euro bumpers" and the other was about my roll bar. Officer
> friendly wants one for his MK-II and wants to know where to get it, ect.
> The rest were to harass me. Shake me down ect. Thats fine, they have that
> right, just play the game. Do it if you wanna drive.
>
> Thans my experience. Take from it what you want. If you dont like it.
> Fine.

> [...]

Jeez, do you preach much?

The way I understand his letter, he wasn't drinking and driving, he got
a ticket for underage drinking.  I got tickets for underage drinking
back in my day, but that doesn't mean I was out driving drunk.

As far as tickets go, bad things happen to good people; its really just
the luck of the draw if you get pulled over.  And don't try telling me
you don't break a few speed limit laws.

I realize you were a cop once and can't help it, but leave your cop
attitude at home.  Nobody here needs their hands slapped.

Take it for what you want,

A.J. Jones
'87 8-valve 'rocco.