Re: water pump adventure.....A/C working!

Rick Lackner wrote:

> On 14 Aug 97 at 10:35, MARK DAVISON wrote:
>
> > >4 of the water pump bolts snapped off!  9 at nite and we're
> > >scrambling to find a hardware store open.  We went to Home Depot
> > >and found lots of bins for metric bolts.....all empty.  We dug
> > >around and came up with an assortment of bolts and machine screws
> > >that would work.
> >
> > FYI this happens ALL the time. That's why I sell complete new units
> > with the pump and housing already assembled. Even comes with both
> > o-rings, $44.00. Just wanted to let you know in case you ever have
> > to do it again.
>
> Now Mark tells me :)
>
> If I would have known this before I sure would have went for it.
> Anyone else who's planning to replace their water pump make a note of
> this.  I paid $34 for a pump alone, and Mark sells OEM stuff to boot.
>
> Mark, I hope you don't mind me posting this reply to your private email
> to me, I think it's important for the rest to know this.  I'd hate
> for the others to go through what I did.
>
> Now if only he'd sell me a can of R-12 to top of my A/C ( I got the
> hose) to make up for not telling me about the water pump deal :)
> Hahahaha!
>
> Rick

I ALWAYS talk to Mark first, He can get almost anything, and he
has great prices.  When I did my water pump I order it from him,
got the pump, hour and a half later (first time) I had a prefect
cooling system.  One more thing (if you not in a hurry),  to help
with frozen bolts warm up the car, take it around the block a
few times and then let it cool enough so that you don't burn
yourself,  I do this and have never had any frozen bolts (87 16v)

Later
Etrik