Re: '84 Scirocco winter car?

> RE: 84 Roc
>
> > Anybody who may read this tonight-wed Aug 13 know what a 84 roc with
> > 120000mi(2800000km)stainless steel exhaust, header and neuspeed throttle
> > body should be worth. Winter car poss but the guy wants 1600 cdn and the
> > clutch is burnt.
> > Any help appreciated
> > Don Dawson

As a point of reference, a few months ago I bought an 85 with 147,000 on
the clock.  Just about every wear item on the car was whipped.  I replaced:

Timing belt (& oil pan gasket, it's a long story...)
Alternator and water pump belt
Front struts and strut bearings
Front brake pads and rotors
Rear brake shoes and parking brake lines
4 tires
Air and fuel filters
Spark plug wires
Distributor cap & rotor
Battery
Throttle body
Cooling system pressure cap
Rear wheel bearings
Drivers side front wheel bearing (this weekend)
Shift rod bushings (also this weekend)

I bought the car for $550 and put $500-$600 immediately into it.  The seller
wanted $800 at first, until I begain pointing how trashed many of the
mechanicals were.  The interior is in great condition, the body is in good
condition with several spots of rust but no holes.  Most people (who are not
subscribed to this list) neglect their cars.  It's that simple.

Your money may vary. :-)

==Brett