Dwell / Duty Cycle Q.

Yesterday after DEQ I stopped by my local Euro-FLAPS but they didn't
have a replacement idle screw or O-ring... sounds like hardware stores
don't quite have the right size either, but maybe I'll look the next
time I'm down with Ace.

I see what you are saying about backing off the tape and losing seal,
but when I wrapped the teflon tape I wound it fairly thick, and also
made a few turns of tape all the way up past the O-ring. I made sure to
wind the correct direction such that it would not unravel while
inserting the screw, and I noticed that when I back the screw off a bit,
the teflon stays put and does not turn anymore (the screw spins firmly
but smoothly in/out of it), so I don't think the tape got all gobbered
up the way it can when it's put on really thin.

At any rate, it seems to work; when I unwind the screw, the idle goes
up, and when I wind all the way CW it settles just fine at target idle
~900RPMs and is stable.

I hadn't cleaned out the ISV, maybe it's got some of that yellow snot in
it like what was in the crankcase breather hose and that's throwing off
the duty cycle #'s!

BTW no coolant sensor disconnect on CIS-E according to R.B.

Thanks everyone for letting me share my bellybutton lint, I think we're
under control ;)

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L