Dwell / Duty Cycle Q.

Checking duty cycle values for 2.0 16V Scirocco w/CIS-E +TT fuel
enrichment module.  DPR current successfully set while at full running
temp, 10mA +/- 1mA with a brand new auto-ranging multimeter.

Trying to accurately check duty cycle.  Bentley describes disconnecting
crankcase ventilation hoses, but the illustration seems to depict a
fuel-distributor-on-passenger-side setup, and the hoses don't quite
correspond so I am unclear on which crankcase hoses I actually
disconnect and at which points (Bentley illustration shows a ventilation
hose with a nippled T in it, but I have no such T).  In addition, the L
nipple to the intake boot does not fit snug while in the test position.

Do you folk make this check with hoses disconnected or in running position?

BTW I am going through DEQ tomorrow so that I can bring my registration
up to date.  Tuning for passing E-check, so stock settings wanted...

TIA!

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L