Dwell / Duty Cycle Q.

On 5/11/07, Camron D. Crouse <camron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe I'm not using the correct timing mark?  There's 2 notches close to
> each other in the timing flash, then there's a little protrusion just
> CCW on the flywheel, and then there is "maybe" an o just CW of the two
> notches.  Can't quite see it straight-on as there are hoses and stuff in
> the way.  Bah!

The vague cast "o" is the TDC mark (or 0?).  The machined diamond
shape next to it is the 6? mark.  Rotate the crank until you see the
marks through the timing hole and apply a line of whiteout or paint on
one of them (if you're using an advancing timing gun mark the TDC
depression) - that'll make it much easier to see with the timing
light...

HTH,

Mark.
75