What colour green is my 75? (Was: 75 resto update)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:58:36 -0400, "Mark F." <mk1mark@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I have yet to find a definitive answer whether or not the 75 metallic
>green is the same as the 76 metallic green.  I'm going to bug a
>bodyshop tomorrow to look up the code in their books and see what I
>come up with...

I'm guessing "Palma Metallic" in 75.  The "Viper Green" looks to be
new in 76.   http://samworld.de (in German) shows it that way.

You will find more info, when researching colors, looking also at VW
bug convertibles, 914 Porsches and BMW coupes of that era that share
some colors with Sciroocos.  All were made by Karmann in Osnabrueck
and the colors were often shared.

I know my L50C Lagunenblau was also used on 914s.  Looks like the 75
Bug converts used 95K Palma green and in 76 96N Viper green.  Probably
same as Sciroccos.  Porsche 914s are the same story per:
http://www.porschedecals.com/history914wcodes.htm although their
numbering is slightly different.

HTH