What colour green is my 75? (Was: 75 resto update)

On 4/18/05, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> So what colour greeen is that?
>
> Cathy

That was going to be my next question!

I can't find a paint code anywhere on the car.  There are no stickers
near the hatch area, and the stickers on the door jambs don't contain
paint code info.

Here's the U.S. brochure pic of the colour:
<http://driversfound.com/scirocco/history/us/1975/2broc-1975a.htm>

I've been told this colour is 'Viper Green Metallic'.  The info I
found in the archives here:
<http://www.scirocco.org/list/archives/1999/july/msg00533.html>
says that in 76, after chassis #536-2000-001 it would be 'Viper Green
Metallic' code 96N, but my chassis is a 75 (#535-2009-936), so that
sorta contradicts what I've been told.

The U.K. brochure found here:
<http://driversfound.com/scirocco/history/uk/1975/images/UK75TS-19.jpg>
 says that their 75 had a 'Viper Green Metallic' - code Y5 (?)

Then there's the 1975 Beetle 'Lofoten Green':
<http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/colors/61h.gif>
I don't know if that was ever a Scirocco colour though...

I have yet to find a definitive answer whether or not the 75 metallic
green is the same as the 76 metallic green.  I'm going to bug a
bodyshop tomorrow to look up the code in their books and see what I
come up with...

Later,

Mark.
75