The double edge sword of VW undercoat - 75 resto update (pics)

On 4/18/05, T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Got a question: What are you doing to seal the freshly bared metal away
> from the elements? From what I have gathered as soon as you expose the
> metal to the atmosphere is starts to decompose, so to speak. It really
> helps to do something to 'seal' the fresh surface away from the Nasty
> (but oh so necessary) Oxi-Gen.
>
> Hmmm, maybe a diluted spray bottle filled with the active ingredient in
> POR-15 (or PickleX20?, see renewed thread with this as the subject.)

That's another great thing about Picklex20.  You can apply it
immediately after the metal is bare, and it'll protect it for a VERY
long time by itself - unlike primer, which requires a top coat soon
after application or moisture will get through...  It's great for a
long-term project (which this one isn't!) in that you can do small
sections of work at a time, and paint it months later without issue...

> TBerk
> *thats about the only kind of burnt offerings I do these days.

Here was mine, just before I started into it:  :)
<http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/haze.jpg>

Later,

Mark.
75 - looking younger every day...