The double edge sword of VW undercoat - 75 resto update (pics)

Mark, in part, wrote:
> All caused by this small area where undercoat was missing
> <http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/The_cause.jpg>
>

> Water was finding it's way behind the undercoat and the metal was
> rotting from the inside out.  This was the only actual rust/rot that I
> found on both sides though.  I will cut this area out, and weld in a
> new piece.  I have a bit more paint/undercoat to remove in some of the
> tighter spots (didn't have the right tool today for that) before I hit
> the entire area with some Picklex20, then primer, and then rubberized
> undercoat.

Good man, good man, good man.

You shall have a constellation in the Heavens named after you.

There is a whole Pantheon of you Anti-Rust Gods of Restoration, I have
burnt some lamb in the skillet for dinner tonight in your Honor*.

Got a question: What are you doing to seal the freshly bared metal away
from the elements? From what I have gathered as soon as you expose the
metal to the atmosphere is starts to decompose, so to speak. It really
helps to do something to 'seal' the fresh surface away from the Nasty
(but oh so necessary) Oxi-Gen.

Hmmm, maybe a diluted spray bottle filled with the active ingredient in
POR-15 (or PickleX20?, see renewed thread with this as the subject.)

TBerk
*thats about the only kind of burnt offerings I do these days.