Cooling the Oil Filter was: Is Schrick Oil pans worth it?

Scourge wrote:
> Anybody ever try one of those heatsink things that slides over your oil
> filter and is held on by a setscrew?
> I used to see them for bmw's in european car magazine. Always wondered if
> they'd make a difference.

Hmmm, Maybe we could stick an air intake scoop out in the air stream
(hole on the front airdam?) and direct the dryer ducting to blow over
the oil filter.

Might need something like radiator fins or a Computers' CPU heatsink to
aid in transferring the heat out of the actual filter housing though.

TBerk