FN self machining?

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C210E6.BB6E84A0

first, i wanna thank Daun and his family for putting up with us this =
past weekend. it was great time!! i got to meet a lot of list members.
On my way back home, my 16v started leaking gear oil ( Redline MTL) from =
the bellhousing and inner boot.
There was definitely excess oil in the tranny from the start.
and all those 100 mph blasts trying to catch up with Marc Getty made =
things worse. i got home OK, clutch was not slipping, drained the tranny =
and still got 2.2 qts out of it.
Is it possible for the FN tranny to self machine itself ?=20
My mechanic says maybe, and he claims even with excess oil in the tranny =
it would not leak past the seals in the bellhousing.
the funny thing is i cleaned everything up, drove the car hard, clutch =
is Ok, and no more leaks!! should i drain the MTL again and replace it =
with mineral gear oil and see what happens?
Demetri

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C210E6.BB6E84A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>first, i wanna thank Daun and his =
family for=20
putting up with us this past weekend. it was great time!! i got to meet =
a lot of=20
list members.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On my way back home, my 16v started =
leaking gear=20
oil ( Redline MTL) from the bellhousing and inner boot.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There was definitely excess oil in the =
tranny from=20
the start.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>and all those 100 mph blasts trying to =
catch up=20
with Marc Getty made things worse. i got home OK, clutch was not =
slipping,=20
drained the tranny and still got 2.2 qts out of it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is it possible for the FN tranny to =
self machine=20
itself ? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My mechanic says maybe, and he claims =
even with=20
excess oil in the tranny it would not leak past the seals in the=20
bellhousing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>the funny thing is i cleaned everything =
up, drove=20
the car hard, clutch is Ok, and no more leaks!! should i drain the MTL =
again and=20
replace it with mineral gear oil and see what happens?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Demetri</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C210E6.BB6E84A0--