From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of DEMETRIS RAPTIS
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 1:24 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: FN self machining?

first, i wanna thank Daun and his family for putting up with us this
past weekend. it was great time!! i got to meet a lot of list members.
On my way back home, my 16v started leaking gear oil ( Redline MTL) from
the bellhousing and inner boot.
There was definitely excess oil in the tranny from the start.
and all those 100 mph blasts trying to catch up with Marc Getty made
things worse. i got home OK, clutch was not slipping, drained the tranny
and still got 2.2 qts out of it.
Is it possible for the FN tranny to self machine itself ?
My mechanic says maybe, and he claims even with excess oil in the tranny
it would not leak past the seals in the bellhousing.
the funny thing is i cleaned everything up, drove the car hard, clutch
is Ok, and no more leaks!! should i drain the MTL again and replace it
with mineral gear oil and see what happens?
Demetri