Need Fast Help: Stuck Removing Tranny

OK, I've been working on this all day, and there's thunder in the
distance....

'88 16v with 2Y transmission.

I've got the front/rear mounts off completely, the driver's side mount
unbolted (can't seem to get the bracket off the tranny due to space). The
whole transmission seems to be loose, but I can't seem to move it more than
1/2cm or so away from the engine, and it won't come off. CV joints, speedo,
clutch, ground strap are all off. It seems I got all the bolts, or it
wouldn't move at all, right?

Also, what is the safest/best way for a driveway mechanic to take this thing
out? Bench press it from below? I've got the engine well supported from
below. Except for when trying to remove it, I have the tranny supported with
my floor jack.

Oh, and does anyone know how to un-stick an inner CV joint from the flange?
Pass. side came off easily, but I can't get the driver's side to budge. I
finally gave up and pulled the axle out of the knuckle, so it shouldn't be
an issue...

Advice appreciated!
Neal