Re: Need Fast Help: Stuck Removing Tranny

Neal Tovsen wrote:

> OK, I've been working on this all day, and there's thunder in the
> distance....
>
> '88 16v with 2Y transmission.
>
> I've got the front/rear mounts off completely, the driver's side mount
> unbolted (can't seem to get the bracket off the tranny due to space). The
> whole transmission seems to be loose, but I can't seem to move it more than
> 1/2cm or so away from the engine, and it won't come off. CV joints, speedo,
> clutch, ground strap are all off. It seems I got all the bolts, or it
> wouldn't move at all, right?
<snip>

Let the transaxle side down some to allow for space to get the trans
away from the block. It won't clear the wheel well otherwise.

Support the block, bench press the trans. Helps to have two people, one
under the wrestle it, one above to catch the bell housing and support
the main weight of it.

TBerk