Re: Need Fast Help: Stuck Removing Tranny

Neal,
  Make sure that you didn't forget that one small cover on the back
side of the tranny flange.  This is a 10mm bolt that holds in place a
small "dust cover" to keep stuff out of the bell housing area...and
if you forget to remove this small item, it will make the tranny
feel like it's stuck...
  Also, try to get the side tranny mount off the tranny before you
try to remove the tranny.  In order to do this, I usually place my
jack under the oil pan and then *slowly* begin to lower the engine/tranny
until there is clearance to remove this bracket/mount.  You will
need to have the front and rear mount removed and the bolt out of the
side tranny mount before you can lower the assembly.
  Once you have the tranny all unbolted, I simply crawl underneath
the car with a thick towel (some sort of padding) and manually pull
the tranny from the engine and then roll it off to your side...
definitely the most fun way to do it!!  ;)

Good luck...

Ben