RE: Need Fast Help: Stuck Removing Tranny

> Neal,
>   Make sure that you didn't forget that one small cover on the back
> side of the tranny flange.  This is a 10mm bolt that holds in place a
> small "dust cover" to keep stuff out of the bell housing area...and
> if you forget to remove this small item, it will make the tranny
> feel like it's stuck...

As about 5 different people pointed out, it appears that this may be the
case. I don't remember undoing any bolts like this. Unfortunately, not long
after writing my email, the skies opened forth great floods. :)

The car is on jackstands, with additional jackstands under both the oil pan
and the transmission. It seems like it will be OK overnight. After wrestling
with the thing for a couple hours, I was 100% BEAT. I can't remember the
last time my arms hurt like this. Since it was raining, I took a shower and
a nap. I'll try again tomorrow morning I guess.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Neal