Re: [Motor] I did something stupid - Water in the oil

I haven't met you yet, TBerk.  I was supposed to have
a beer for you at Cincy but you spent a night in jail
instead and hightailed it back home.  Now you fill yer
crankcase with water.  Should I look forward to our
meeting with trepidation?  Methinks so.

Mr. Meze said it best...I won't repeat it here.

Sigh.  My confidence wavers.

--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Well I was prepping the A2 GTI for disassembly and I
> hosed down the
> engine bay, then ran the motor to dry it off. Looked
> under the 'bonnet'
> and found I had left the oil filler cap off. <Doh!>
>
> So, I don't think a whole gallon got down in there,
> and when I checked
> the dip stick it showed now signs of water, but...
>
> I'm waiting since last night to drain the oil so
> things can settle out,
> I figure water will draw to the low points and most
> will end up in the
> pan.
>
> How screwed am I?
>
> TBerk

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd