[Motor] I did something stupid - Water in the oil

Well I was prepping the A2 GTI for disassembly and I hosed down the
engine bay, then ran the motor to dry it off. Looked under the 'bonnet'
and found I had left the oil filler cap off. <Doh!>

So, I don't think a whole gallon got down in there, and when I checked
the dip stick it showed now signs of water, but...

I'm waiting since last night to drain the oil so things can settle out,
I figure water will draw to the low points and most will end up in the
pan.

How screwed am I?

TBerk