Re: Was Fuba Q, now Headliner Q

OK...disclaimer...I never have been afraid to dive in,
and I always check what I'm asking before I post...but
this time I'm wanting some preliminary advice on
headliner removal/reinstall (only to remove the Fuba):

What to do/not do?
Will it go back together perfectly?
What will I screw up?
Job bastard factor, 1-5, 5 being a real bastard?

TIA,

Ron

--- josh Wyte <josh_wyte@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The amp in the Fuba is probably burned out.
> Unfortunately you have to replace the whole Fuba...
>
> -josh
>

> --- Cheapass Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > My dumb brother (from whom I shamelessy stole the
> > name
> > Victor) has the same problem with his Fuba (on '87
> > GLI
> > 16V) that I do...poor AM, fine FM.  Both stereos
> in
> > question work fine with non-amplified antenna
> > substituted for troubleshooting.
> >
> > Bentley doesn't address this.  Anyone with
> > experience?
> >  Poor grounding at the antenna?  Bad antennta
> stalk?
> >
> > Just plain FUBAred?  Any solutions incorporating a
> > rooftop antenna, amplified or not?
> >
> > TIA,

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd