Let there be light

My new commute home is fast and dark, so now I have an
interest in better lights for both Sciroccos. Driving
the wife's Neon, I was impressed by the illumination
provided by those huge front headlights. Thing is, I
don't feel like putting in new relays and such right
now. Is there anything I can bolt on there that would
be better than the stock system I have now? And,
what's up with these European (Eurolan?) headlights I
see posted from time to time? Are they legal in the US?

=====
Jorel Jackson
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos
2000 Neon ES