Re: Let there be light

Well, I will have to disagree on the relaying thing.  It depends on what you
want to do but here are your choices:

1.  Euro headlights with high wattage bulbs--brighter with relays and will
probably burn up your switch after a while without relays

2.  Euro headlights with low wattage bulbs (US legal 55/60)--brighter with
relays but will be fine without on your switch.

3.  Blue headlights--Don't know, don't use them, never will.  A friend has
them on his Rabbit truck and I don't like them.  Too cottony looking (if
that makes sense) I like the brightness of a regular halogen headlight! (got
100/140s in H4s with relays on my Rabbit!)

4.  Replace with Syvania Extra Vision or some other kind of better
reflecting headlight.  If you don't like how they look, then you can usually
take them back if you keep the box.  Most one-stop-shopping stores carry
these and they would be a better bet to take them back if your not
satisfied.

Now I am not saying that you shouldn't relay your headlights (don't be
afraid, it is actually pretty easy once you know what a relay does and how
they work) I'm just saying that you don't have to.  I am not impressed with
how people on the list will tell you that you HAVE to do this or GOTTA do
that when it isn't true.  And I think when we suggest something on the list
that we need to just SUGGEST it and not say that is has to be done!!  I
understand that relaying is better and you can tell your friends "oh, you
gotta do this" and they will take you in context but there are a lot of
people on the list that will not understand that and take it as "there is no
other way" then tries to do it and burns his car down or fries his fuse box
or something.  Just be weary of "Have To's" on the list.  Not everyone on
here is a professional technician and sometimes it shows!!  HTH!!!

Dave