Re: Let there be light

Jorel.
Speaking from experience. the only way to improve scirocco lighting is
replace the front lights w/ H4 sealed beams (Walmart special) and relay
em.
upgrade to the european lights also H4 but bulbs for better selection

Mount HELLA off road Rally lights to the front bumper and they HAVE to be
relayed.

tha main issue is that all the current for the lights runs thru the old
wiring that now has some resistance, but also that headlight switch that
gets warm when the lights are on is a significant problem. If you know
anything about electricity lights are basicially near shorts (very low
resistance) and the wiring is supposed to be near zero, but over time they
become on the same order as the lights creating a voltage divider and with
more resistance and the same voltage less current flows (ohms law) V= I*R
or for the EE's out there E=I*R, aka I = V/R as you can see if the voltage
remains constant and the resistance goes up the ratio become smaller and
you have less current.
brian
BSEE Ga Tech
MSEE Ga Tech .. soon as i get my thesis done.
82 topless bunny -- lipstick red and slow at the wife's request
87 16v RIPieces.. just ask Ron and Duan.