RE: Let there be light

Euro lights are just that, the headlights the cars came with stock in
Europe. They are not technically legal in the US, because back in the
'80s the US DOT felt H4 halogen lights were too bright, so would
blind oncoming drivers, since then American cars have started using
H4 halogen lights, so now the DOT thinks they are just fine, but
still prohibits them on older cars. That said, most places don't care
about euro lights, and I have not personally ever known anyone who
got a ticket or had a problem getting the car inspected due to them.
Most people agree it is better to set up new wires and some fuses and
relays when installing euro lights, however, I have seen many people
who ran euro lights without the relays, and without incident, though
the common belief is that lights hooked up this way do not burn as
bright, and have a higher chance of burning out your headlight
switch.

The goal is to overcome the deliberate nature of the process.