1.7 -> 2.0 swap

Rather than go to the Eureka Springs VW show this weekend, I travelled to
the Arkansas/Missouri border to look at a Scirocco for sale (only $350!).
It has a born-on date of 5/82, which means it has the 1.7l engine.  My
original plan for the project 'rocco was to start with a 1.8l 8V and build
it up, but now I'm considering buying this car and putting a 2.0 8V in it
and going from there.

What type of fuel injection does the 1.7 have?  Would a 2.0 8V drop in with
reasonable ease?  Are there any other considerations I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Mike Carlson
'75 Scirocco "Helga" - R.I.P.
'85 Scirocco "Konrad" - Gone but not forgotten
'95 GTI VR6 "Wolfgang" - http://members.home.net/m-carlson/Wolfgang.htm