Re: Questions: To Cam or Not to Cam

Michael Carlson wrote:

> What about the "G-grind" cam?  How does it measure up with the others
> listed?

The G-grind is an 8v cam whereas the other recommendations were all for 16v.
The G-grind is an excellent street cam that delivers a very acceptable
powerband . I run mine in the War Pig (my 2.0l-powered rallycar). The power
comes on about 500rpms later but the gains make it totally worth it.

Keep in mind, though, that the G-grind is for solid lifter heads only.

> I plan to get a MkII with a JH 8V engine and eventually putting a turbo on
> it.  Which cams would work best with forced induction?

Running a cam with long duration on a turbo motor will reduce your power. The
valves stay open longer so the boost flows right through the motor. Either run
a stock cam or one with higher lift but short duration. The stock G60 will
work perfectly as will the hotter Neuspeed cam that is designed specifically
for the G60.

HTH
--
Scott F. Williams