Re: Questions: To Cam or Not to Cam

Jason wrote:

> Neuspeed Intake (Euro Spec)

This is a great cam with the best low rpm performance. Bang for the buck ratio
is good.

> Autotech Set (almost impossible to find)

You'll hear both good and bad. Autotech claims that this set is better than
Schrick 260s. Something tells me that they're full of it as usual.

> Kents (a variety including  regrinds)

Be wary of regrinds. But, in general, Kents are supposed to be quality goods.
However, compare the prices to the Schricks and what are you saving? $75 for a
set? That ain't enough to bait me...

> Schricks (uh, they're Shricks, 'nuf said)

You got it; 'nuf said. I elected for a set of 260s. This'll put the powerband
exactly where I want it -the upper midrange. The 3.94 final drive and light wait
of my Mk1 will make up for whatever bottom end I lose. However, I'd * never*
consider anything higher than a 266 -especially in a heavier Mk2. Run that 276
and you'll have a torqueless wonder on your hands. And you'll probably be slower
in the 1/4 mile than with a milder cam. Word up...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!