Re: Too Much $$$$ - musings a week before payday

>I have put WAY more money in this car than it will
>EVER be worth.  I cannot afford to sell it.  Ever.  It
>is like being married (so I'd think).  It is more cost
>effective to keep it and keep fixing it up than It
>will ever be to sell it.

I am in this for life, strangely enough. While doing major work on
my car (like body / paint / engine swap) I've often thought about
how I'm going to do this the _next_ time, in like 10 years or so.
I plan on passing the show car to my oldest son, and the racecar
to my youngest son...my kids are 4 and 1 right now.... :)

>The car is worth MAYBE $3500 if I find a buyer that is
>an enthusiast, but that still doesn't justify the ~7K
>I have spent so far.

Man, you're still on the light side. :)  Let me know when you
get closer to $25,000.  Yep, I bought my car when it was only
four years old in 1992 with 44,000 miles.  In the past 8+ years,
I have spent at least $15,000 - $18,000 on top of the ~$8k the
car cost when I bought it.  It's really not that hard to do
over the long haul, especially when you factor in that my aim,
for the last 4 years or so, was to build a show car.  I have
been moderately successful at that so far...but with just a
few thousand more it would be better (make that roughly $2,000
this winter alone and the car has spent 5 months being stored
in the garage).

You think your ill, got your priorities screwed up?  I'm a
friggin' lost cause man. ;)  Consider yourself lucky.  To be
honest, I strike the a good balance in my life.

>And in 2 weeks I have to cough up another $325 for
>some new summer shoes (pirelli p6000).

I'd be pleased if all I was going to spend for the next few
weeks would be that low. :)  I've still got rims / tires to
buy for this season, oh, and I'm so damn sick I had to go
and pick rims from a manufacturer that doesn't even have a
US distributor!   Hmmm, I don't publicly thank Dirk enough
for brokering deals for me... :)

>=====
>Mark

==Brett