Re: Too Much $$$$ - musings a week before payday

At 11:27 PM 4/9/2000 , Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:

>Man, you're still on the light side. :)  Let me know when you
>get closer to $25,000.  Yep, I bought my car when it was only
>four years old in 1992 with 44,000 miles.  In the past 8+ years,
>I have spent at least $15,000 - $18,000 on top of the ~$8k the
>car cost when I bought it.  It's really not that hard to do
>over the long haul, especially when you factor in that my aim,
>for the last 4 years or so, was to build a show car.  I have
>been moderately successful at that so far...but with just a
>few thousand more it would be better (make that roughly $2,000
>this winter alone and the car has spent 5 months being stored
>in the garage).

LOL, well, I'm glad to see I'm not the worst off. :)  As most of you know,
mine had 28,000 miles on it when I got it, and I paid $1500... it was a
real find.

Now, almost 3 years later, you can add about $11,000 to that number... so I
still have to do some catching up to get to Brett for the most money dumped
in the car.

But hey, what can you get for $12,500?  A Kia Sephia?  For that amount of
money, I have a car that does 8-second 0-60s, pulls 0.95g on the skidpad, a
serious sound system, leather, A/C, a Sunroof... and the car is drop-dead
gorgeous.  Who could ask for anything more?  (M5?) ;)

Jason

>You think your ill, got your priorities screwed up?  I'm a
>friggin' lost cause man. ;)  Consider yourself lucky.  To be
>honest, I strike the a good balance in my life.
>

>>And in 2 weeks I have to cough up another $325 for
>>some new summer shoes (pirelli p6000).
>
>I'd be pleased if all I was going to spend for the next few
>weeks would be that low. :)  I've still got rims / tires to
>buy for this season, oh, and I'm so damn sick I had to go
>and pick rims from a manufacturer that doesn't even have a
>US distributor!   Hmmm, I don't publicly thank Dirk enough
>for brokering deals for me... :)
>

>>=====
>>Mark
>
>==Brett
>
>\/  '84 Scirocco (ITB racer 2B) | "Hot VW's, take two home. They're small"
>\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '85 Scirocco (Winter) | - brett@netacc.net
>
>--

1987 Scirocco 16v
1989 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro