Re: 16v Question

At 09:45 PM 4/7/2000 , Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:
>>Hey guys,
>>         Quick question for those of you with 16Vs:  At idle, if you
>> manually hit the Full Throttle Enrichment microswitch on the throttle
>> body, do your revs raise and/or the note of the engine change?
>
>Yes, it seems to stumble a bit. Probably due to the extra fuel being
>dumped in a such a low rev.

Hrmph.  Mine does nothing.  Looks like I found the problem. :)  I'll check
it out tonight.  Any idea how much those switches are and where I can get
one-- assuming Potterman or Mark?

>>What about when the car is just off-idle, so that the Idle microswitch is
>>un-pressed?
>
>Hmm, maybe?  Can't really remember right now.  I think it's more useful
>as the deceleration switch...it helps reduce fuel consumption by reducing
>the fuel flow (via DPR) under throttle closed deceleration...well according
>to the Bosch fuel injection manual anyway.

Just curious.  The one thing that I found strange is that in the past, when
I tripped the idle microswitch, idle jumped to like 1100rpm from its normal
900.  The last time I tried it, it dropped from 900 to like 750.  Strange--
but could be that the engine was warm, when I usually do it when it's cold.

>Might be a high rpm misfire...might want to test the hall sender, replace
>cap/rotor, maybe wires.  Especially if they arc a bit with the water mist
>test.

I'ma check out the cap/rotor tonight-- though my feeling is that it's OK
because the car's fine under low-rpm high-load (when ignition problems
usually rear their head).  The wires are about 2 years old, so there should
be no prob there.

>Glad to see ya back man!  Coming to Dauns in June?

For lack of a better phrase, HELL FUCK YEAH! :)  I can't wait!  Daun's
place is usually the best meet of the year, so it's something I wouldn't miss!

Thanks for the response, Brett, and I'll test that MicroSwitch tonight.

tty'all later,
Jason

>==Brett
>
>\/  '84 Scirocco (ITB racer 2B) | "Hot VW's, take two home. They're small"
>\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '85 Scirocco (Winter) | - brett@netacc.net
>
>--

1987 Scirocco 16v
1989 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro