Re: Too Much $$$$ - musings a week before payday

> The car is worth MAYBE $3500 if I find a buyer that is
> an enthusiast, but that still doesn't justify the ~7K
> I have spent so far.

Actually, if you've had the car for a while and you get use out of it
maybe you aren't doing too bad.  If you owned a new car that was as much
fun as your Scirocco you'd probably have payments of $400 a month or
better.  You'd also be paying for full coverage on your insurance.  If
your 'Roc is reliable and you aren't spending as much as a new car and
insurance would cost you, I figure you're coming out ahead.  I probably
paid about $250 for my '80 (I bought it in a package deal with lots of
other parts)  I've driven it for a month, and it has started every time
and been loads of fun.  I've put maybe $50 in parts into it so far.  (and
probably $500 in labor if I figure it at minimum wage!!)  But I've
enjoyed the heck out of it and that's worth the investment as well.
So, save this post so you'll have all the ammunition to justify the next
expensive upgrade you have got to have.  See,... ain't I helpful?
-kevin in Texas