Re: Too Much $$$$ - musings a week before payday

Kevin Stoddard wrote:

> Actually, if you've had the car for a while and you get use out of it
> maybe you aren't doing too bad.  If you owned a new car that was as much
> fun as your Scirocco you'd probably have payments of $400 a month or
> better.  You'd also be paying for full coverage on your insurance.  If
> your 'Roc is reliable and you aren't spending as much as a new car and
> insurance would cost you, I figure you're coming out ahead.

Many do I resemble that remark!  I just sold my '99 GTI GLX that was almost
exactly one year old.  I was paying $442/month for the thing, plus insurance,
and it was sitting in the garage most of the time - I only drove it 10k miles
in the entire year.  The 'roc was getting most of the road time, because it's
a FAR more entertaining car to drive.  So I finally wised up, put the GTI
up for sale on Auto Trader (the FREE online ad only - and it worked!), and
now I'm out from under the payment.  Makes it a lot easier to justify
repainting and dropping big money into thoroughly cleaning it up, which
is underway now and should be done shortly..  :D

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0