Re: H&R Coilovers

pm wrote:

> I believe the coilover equipped car would have more composure through design instead
> of just rock hard springs and struts/shocks.

Okay, well what makes you think that? Spring rates are springrates and travel is
travel. There must be some independent variable that you aren't considering.

> I guess this is the point I should have made since the length of travel is still
> probably very similar.

There's nothing about a coilover suspension in and of itself that should add or
subtract spring travel.

> I've ridden in a GTI VR6 w/AVO(yuk) coilovers and 17" wheels/tires that had a ride
> as
> comfortable or more so than my GTI VR6 w/Koni's, Neuspeed springs and
> 15" wheels/tires.

Then I'd guess that the coilover set up had either softer spring or dampening rates
(especially in the back) or some combination of the two. Or perhaps the sidewalls of
the 15" tires were much stiffer, or maybe the wheels were a lot heavier than the 17s,
or... ... ... Do you see where I'm going with this? It could be almost anything.

> Beyond the comfort factor, the car stuck to the road like glue w/the stock swaybars.

And that I believe! :^)
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut