Re: H&R Coilovers

The main reason coilovers are appealing is the added suspension travel.
Granted I'm used to my heavy GTI VR6 and its handling, but my Scirroco
has almost no suspension travel (atleast on compression) b/c its
lowered, and my friends 84 GTI is the same way. The suspension travel is
so limited on the A1 chassis cars that coilovers seem to be the only way
to have a lowered A1 that won't get all bent out of shape if I hit a
bump while cornering hard b/c of the lack of suspension tavel. The car
handles like a go cart until the suspension rebounds. It currently has
G** (tuner out of NC that's no longer in business) springs and some
crappy struts and shocks that need to be replaced.

Philip

96 GTI VR6
80 Scirocco 1.7L