Re: 87 rocco 16V PS on 83 GTI?

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 19:02:02 -0800 the mad bastard <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:

>well, my girlfriend is of similar stature and sometime has trouble
>parallel parking the car.

Yeah, shes no butch by any means and she's no dainty flower neither. She
holds her own just fine and if she says she has a hard time parking the
car, then its very likely that any other dude would have the same
experience in the car.
<props>

>BTW, the car has been lowered about 2.5" or
>so and has 195-45-15s on it.  as you may know, the fatter the tire is,
>the harder it is to turn (tho i don't know if ride affects it)

This is exactly the point I was gonna make in another post. Im glad I
read on before replying.
My car is only lowered 2" and its hard, at times, to navigate when
stopped or below 2 MPH. Some movement fore or aft does help to turn the
wheel. With the autox shoes on the car, turing the wheel in the pits
while stopped is nearly impossible. So, those of you with 175/70R13 tires
wont -even- know what im talking about.

>> I think VW started adding this in the early to mid 80's to cater to
>>lazy Americans - (just a theory)
>
>	phew!  thank god i'm not a yank! ;)

Yes you are a Yank, you just live in Canada.

>> Another slightly twisted viewpoint *)
>
>	hey, i got a million of them...

Yeah, I took a good look into your eyes, your definately got something.
:)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and