Re: [San Diego Kart race invitational] [11-14-98][6:pm]

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:58:20 -0500 "Ian" <e@sbbs.se> writes:

>Shawn, out of curiosity, whats your setup like & how much does it cost
for
>you?

We have th option to run both an oval or a "B" shaped road course. I
think the oval is more fun myself since the cars dont turn as good as
they could. (extremely slick surface.)
I think its costs around $7 or something like that. I have my son working
there and they hooked us up with 3 free races for 4 of us. I dont know if
we will get the same awesome deal or not but even still, its not very
expensive.

>I used to get about 6minutes for $6 (Last year), now it's 8 minutes for
>$13, we need to wear glasses and a helmet, all cars have their speed
>controlled from a main stand, top speeds on the track are in the 35mph
>range - due to the track setup. I was told the carts have speed limiters
on
>them, but without them can reach 50-60mph!
>
>ian

I think we gt 5 minute races. Its plenty of time to get the old arms
pumped up so after its over, you are GLAD the checkered flag has fallen.
They supply head socks and helmets with visors but you can bring your own
if you like. (I do.)
I dunno what top speed is but its probably something like 35mph. The
speed is goverened simply by the amp's on the cars. They have 3 speeds
that are adjusted this way.
Its alot of run, we had a blast last time!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and