Re: 87 rocco 16V PS on 83 GTI?

> I have to agree. These cars do not need power steering. They are too
> light for this. Even my 110lb girlfriend has no problems with her car.

	well, my girlfriend is of similar stature and sometime has trouble
parallel parking the car.  BTW, the car has been lowered about 2.5" or
so and has 195-45-15s on it.  as you may know, the fatter the tire is,
the harder it is to turn (tho i don't know if ride affects it)

> I think VW started adding this in the early to mid 80's to cater to lazy
> Americans - (just a theory)

	phew!  thank god i'm not a yank! ;)

> With PS you get nothing but dead weight and headaches.

	agreed.  sort of.  it is added weight that i can do without.  but the
headaches are not something that i have ever experienced with this
particular aspect of the car.

> Another slightly twisted viewpoint *)

	hey, i got a million of them...

jason